Thanks to the BAYIT program, community centers throughout Israel are inspiring local residents, groups, and organizations to become active partners in the celebration of their Jewish-Israeli identity. Operating in community centers throughout the country, BAYIT seeks to:
• explore issues of Jewish-Israeli identity in the local community center and the surrounding community;
• develop a holistic and integrated vision of Jewish-Israeli identity and life in the neighborhood or town;
• create a sense of civic responsibility and commitment to Jewish life in the community so residents take an active role in designing and implementing programs;
• provide professional development for the centers’ staff and administrators, as well as for residents, that enables them to design and implement local programming in the field of Jewish-Israeli identity;
• initiate creative programming connected to Jewish studies, the Jewish calendar, and the Jewish life cycle that engages diverse populations in the community.
• BAYIT provides each community center with a professional facilitator for a period of three years.
• We provide a targeted budget to develop infrastructure in the field of Jewish-Israeli identity in the community for three years, which is matched by a supplementary local budget.
• We develop and use professional tools to measure and oversee the program’s implementation over time.
• We organize bimonthly seminars for joint study and inspiration, as well as annual conferences for residents, activists, and professionals from each community.
• We serve as a model of inspiration for other community centers throughout the country.
For more information:
Address: BAYIT, Beit Ligad 1, Hashdera Hamercazit 15,
Modiin—Maccabim Reut 7173002
Telephone: 073 287-0199
Fax: 073 287-0399
Email: h-yehudit@email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org